Innovative educators enjoy using high quality digital programs to support learning where they work, but it does mean their role shifts. There are several changes in environments where technology is used to teach.
- Instruction is differentiated based on the pace of the learner rather than all students progressing at the predetermined pace of the class.
- Instant feedback and assessment.
- Discussions may be silent and not visible to an observer.
- Data dashboard provides an instant view into learning.
- There is screen rather than a teacher in front of the students.
- Questions a learner has can be answered instant by community members.
So when tech is doing the things teachers did, what do teachers do? Here are some ideas.I want more »